Thursday, December 6, 2012

Vicarious

I want to be a rock star from the 70s and snort massive amounts of cocaine and wash Quaaludes down with whiskey in the limo with the band right before we win the Grammy, and I want to live to tell the tale and put to shame the future generations of musicians. I want to be an actress who wrote, directed and starred in the surprise sleeper hit that sweeps the Academy Awards. I want to win a Gold medal in the Olympics. I want to discover the cure for cancer and then invent time travel to go back and give someone a second chance. I want to scale the summit of Everest and walk on the surface of Mars. 

The problem:  sadly, the 70s are long over and my athletic career fizzled a decade ago. I know nothing about medical science or quantum physics. I hate heights and cold weather so forget scaling Everest and I don't see NASA letting me call "shutgun" on the the first manned trip to Mars.  

The solution:  my characters can do all these things and more and through them I can live vicariously. I'm alright with that. I'm great with that, actually. 

Stay tuned.


2 comments:

  1. I love the way you think - Oscar winning screen play. :)

    Make it so.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way you think also Sherry!

    ReplyDelete